The IC-PCR2500 covers 0.01–3299.999 MHz in AM, FM, WFM, SSB, CW, DV and P25 modes on the main receiver, while the sub-receiver can simultaneously cover 50–1300 MHz in AM, FM and WFM modes**.
* Two antennas are required for dualwatch receive.
** See specification page for available mode and frequency range details.
Digital mode reception
The optional UT-118 D-STAR digital unit and UT-122* P25 digital unit can be installed in the IC-PCR2500. Catch the action in digital communications!
* Already installed with some versions.
Diversity receive capability
When two antennas are connected to the IC-PCR2500, it provides diversity reception*. The diversity reception continuously compares the signal strength and selects the better antenna for maintaining good sound and receive quality.
* Available in FM/P25/DV mode between 50–1300MHz only. Diversity reception is not available when using dualwatch.
3 receiver screens to choose from
Choose the look you want! “Multi-function receiver”, “Component” and “Simple” screens are available.
Multi channel monitor function
You can monitor up to 25 channels. The software tracks the band activity with S-meter levels as channel status is visually represented by three background colors. Simply click the busy channel and the PCR2500 tunes to the active channel.
If you are into weak signal work, the optional UT-106 DSP unit is a must have. This add-on gives you noise reduction and auto notch filter functions to improve the S/N ratio for improving received signal quality.
Bandscope and time-line scope
Along with a 5MHz (Max.) wide range bandscope*, the timeline scope allows you to observe the band condition over the past 100 minutes.
* AF output is muted when the bandscope range is between 500kHz and 5MHz or operating in CW or SSB modes.
You can record audio in WAV format directly through the USB port. Skip over hours of channel inactivity with the software’s remote control function that pauses and resumes recording according to the channel activity.
- VSC ignores unmodulated signals or heterodynes
- CTCSS/DTCS tones and duplex mode operation for monitoring a repeater
- S-meter squelch
- Pocket beep function
- IF filter selection
- IF shift function
SSB, CW mode only
- Noise blanker eliminates pulse type noise.
SSB, CW, AM mode only
- 20dB (approx.) RF attenuator
- Auto memory write scan searches for a signal, and when a signal is detected, the received frequency is automatically stored in PC memory
- AFC function (Auto Frequency Control) automatically follows an FM mode signal when the signal’s frequency drifts.
BW: 6kHz or 15kHz
- AGC function; Fast/slow setting is available
- Weather alert function
U.S.A. and Canada versions only
- 24-digit DTMF tone decoder
- Squelch delay
- Up to 2600 memory channels per file
- U.S.A. Customers check out www.icomreceivers.com for frequency lists in your neighborhood and region.
Based on FCC licensee database.
0.010–3299.999MHz* (Guaranteed range 0.495–3000MHz)
* Some frequency bands are blocked in the U.S.A. version.
* Main receiver only. Guaranteed range 0.495–29.999MHz.
|Mode||AM, FM, WFM, USB*1, LSB*1, CW*1, DV*2, P25*3
*1 0.01-1300MHz only.
|Usable temperature range||0°C to +60°C
+32°F to +140°F
|Frequency stability||Less than ±3ppm on the basis of 25°C (0°C to +60°C)|
|Tuning steps||1Hz (minimum)|
|Power supply||12.0V DC ±15%|
|Current drain (at 12.0V DC)
Less than 1.5A (Dual mode)
0.85A typ. (Dual mode)
|Antenna Impedance||50Ω (BNC)|
(Projections are not included)
53⁄4×15⁄8×81⁄8 in (W×H×D)
|Weight (approx:)||1350g; 3lb|
|Receiver system||Triple-conversion superheterodyne + Down converter|
|Sensitivity (Less than)||
*1 1300.000001 MHz
SSB, CW, AM
SSB, CW, AM, FM
FM, AM, WFM
More than 2.8kHz/–6dB
More than 6.0kHz/–6dB
More than 15kHz/–6dB
More than 50kHz/–6dB
More than 230kHz/–6dB
|Audio output power||More than 500mW at 10% distortion with an 8Ω load|
|External SP connector||2-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1⁄8″) /8Ω|
- USB cable and antenna
- Software CD
- Controller head and cable, (3.4m; 11.2ft)
*Depending on version
For use with PC control software
- Microsoft® Windows® XP/2000/ME/98SE
- USB 1.1 or 2.0
- Intel® Pentium® III 450MHz or faster (Pentium® 4 recommended)
- Hard disk with at least 50 MB of free disk space
- At least 128 MB of memory (256MB or more recommended)
- Display with 1024 × 768 pixel resolution, high color
- CD-ROM or DVD drive is required for software installation
- USB audio dropouts or gaps may occur because of a lack of PC power
- Additional hard disk space is required for recording sound or storing scope data
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
- UT-106 DSP UNIT
Provides noise reduction and auto notch functions.
- UT-108 DTMF DECODER UNIT
DTMF decode function for Sub-receiver. Either UT- 108 or UT-118 can be installed in the receiver.
- UT-118 D-STAR DIGITAL UNIT
Provides D-STAR DV mode reception. Either UT-108 or UT-118 can be installed in the receiver.
- UT-122 P25 DIGITAL UNIT
Provides APCO P25 digital mode reception.
- AD-113A/E AC ADAPTOR
10.5V DC, 1.8A/1.5A (A/E) output. Same as supplied.
- CP-12L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE
12V DC, 2A output from 12V cigarette lighter socket.
- OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE
For use with an external power supply. (12V DC required)
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER
For all-round mobile operation.