Ultra wideband coverage
The IC-PCR1500 is a PC control receiver and all functions are controllable from your PC. Explore radio signals from all over the world from 0.01 to 3299.999MHz*.
* Frequency range differs depending on version.
USB cable connection
The USB port provides a faster data link to the PCR1500 which allows you to expand the receiver’s capabilities with quicker response times as well as new audio processing functions, as you are able to hear the received signals through your computer’s audio system.
3 interface screens to choose from
Choose the look you want with Icom’s user interface screens, “Communications receiver”, “Component-style” and “Compact” screen are selectable.
Multi channel monitor function
Icom introduces a new monitor tool with the PCR1500. You can monitor up to 25 channels. The software tracks the band activity with S-meter levels as each channel status is visually displayed by three background colors. Simply click the busy channel and the PCR1500 tunes to the active channel.
Bandscope and time-line scope
Not only a 5MHz (Max.) wide range bandscope*, the new timeline scope allows you to observe the band condition within a specified time period (3 to 100 minutes). In addition, the sweep data can be stored on your PC for future use.
* AF output is not emitted when setting the bandscope range between 500kHz and 5MHz or setting in CW or SSB mode.
New recording features are introduced with the PCR1500’s software package. You can record audio in WAV format directly through the USB port. Skip the hours of channel inactivity with the software’s remote control function which pauses and resumes recording according to the channel activity. You can also adjust the sampling rate.
If you are into weak signal work, the optional UT-106, DSP unit, is a must have. This add-on gives you noise reduction and auto notch filter functions to improve the S/N ratio for improving the received signal quality.
Max. 60 Ch/sec. high speed scan
Quickly search a frequency range with the IC-PCR1500 60 Ch/sec scan speed*.
* Depending on PC’s capability. When tuning step is less than 100kHz in program scan mode.
- VSC (Voice squelch control) opens the squelch only when a modulated signal is detected and ignores unmodulated, beat noise signals
- CTCSS/DTCS tones and duplex mode operation for monitoring a repeater
- S-meter squelch
- Pocket beep function
- IF filter selection for changing IF filter width
- IF shift function (SSB, CW mode only)
- Noise blanker eliminates pulse type noise such as engine ignition noise. (SSB, CW, AM mode only)
- 20dB (approx.) RF attenuator (below 1300MHz)
- Auto memory write scan searches for a signal, and when a signal is detected, the received frequency is automatically stored into the PC memory
- AFC function (Auto Frequency Control) automatically follows the receiving frequency when the receiving frequency drifts in FM mode. (BW: 6kHz or 15kHz)
- AGC function; Fast/slow setting is possible
- Weather alert function (U.S.A. version only)
- 24-digit DTMF tone decoder
- Tuned bandpass filters for VHF/UHF bands
- Squelch delay
- Up to 2600 memory channels per file
* Cellular bands are blocked in the U.S.A. version.
|Mode||AM, FM, WFM, USB*, LSB*, CW*
* 0.01–1300MHz only.
|Usable temperature range||0°C to +60°C;
+32°F to +140°F
|Frequency stability||Less than ±3ppm on the basis of 25°C (0°C to +60°C)|
|Tuning steps||1Hz minimum|
|Antenna impedance||50Ω BNC|
|Power Supply||12.0V DC ±15%|
|External power supply||6.0V DC ±5% (with BC-149A/D, CP-18A/E)|
|Current drain (at 12V DC)
0.8 A typ.
0.65 A typ.
|Operating temperature range||–10°C to +60°C
+14°F to +140°F
(projections not included)
|146(W) x 41(H) x 206(D)mm;
53⁄4(W) x 15⁄8(H)x 81⁄8(D) in.
|Weight (approx.)||1200g; 2.6lb|
|Receiver system||Triple conversion superheterodyne + down converter|
|Intermediate frequencies||1st 266.7MHz, 2nd 10.70MHz, 3rd 450kHz|
(except spurious points;
SSB, CW, AM
SSB, CW, AM, FM
FM, AM, WFM
More than 2.8kHz/–6dB
More than 6.0kHz/–6dB
More than 15kHz/–6dB
More than 50kHz/–6dB
More than 230kHz/–6dB
|Audio output power||500mW at 10% distortion with an 8Ω load|
|External SP connector||2-conductor 3.5 (d) mm (1⁄8″)/8Ω|
- USB cable*
- Software CD
*depending on version
- Microsoft(R) Windows(R) XP/2000/ME/98SE
- USB 1.1 or 2.0
- Intel(R) Pentium(R) III 450MHz or faster
- Hard disk with at least 50 MB of free disk space
- At least 128 MB of memory (256MB or more recommended)
- Display with 1024 × 768 pixel resolution, high color
- CD-ROM or DVD drive is required for software installation
- USB audio dropouts or gaps may occur because of a lack of PC power
- Additional hard disk space is required for recording sound or storing scope data
All stated specifications are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Please turn off the Main unit power switch when not using the IC-PCR1500,while installed in a vehicle. The IC-PCR1500 has standby power consumption that will drain the vehicle battery over a period of time.
Microsoft and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the U.S.A. and other countries. Intel and Pentium are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective holders. The main picture is retouched and shows installation image only.
- AD-113A/E AC ADAPTOR
10.5V DC, 1.8A/1.5A (A/E) output. Same as supplied.
- CP-12L CIGARETTE LIGHTER CABLE
12V DC, 2A output from 12V cigarette lighter socket.
- OPC-254L DC POWER CABLE
For use with an external power supply. (12V DC required)
- OPC-441 SPEAKER EXTENSION CABLE
5.0m (16.4ft) speaker extension cable.
- UT-106 DSP UNIT
Provides noise reduction and auto notch functions.
- SP-10 EXTERNAL SPEAKER
For all-round mobile operation.